Dr Tafline MurnanePrincipal Consultant
Dr Tafline Murnane is a Principal Consultant and Quality Manager for K. J. Ross & Associates (KJ Ross). Tafline specialises in test management, test process improvement, mentoring, coaching and training. Tafline has managed both large and small software testing projects, with staff numbers ranging from 2 to 30, including management of system and user acceptance testing, and of technical and business testers.
Tafline is also a co-editor of the new ISO/IEC 29119 Software Testing standard, which enhances and consolidates a number of existing standards, including IEEE 829, IEEE 1008 and BSI 7925-1/2. Tafline is chair of the mirror software testing working group at Standards Australia (IT-015-WG26) and is secretary of the international software testing working group (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC7 WG26).
Tafline holds a PhD in software testing from La Trobe University and is a regular speaker at national and international conferences on software testing. She works on panels and reviews papers for a variety of conferences and journals, including the Australian Software Engineering Conference, the Asia/Pacific Software Engineering Conference and IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. She is also actively involved in various industry surveys on the software testing practices of organisations around the world.
Key roles that Tafline has held since joining KJ Ross include:
- Test manager at Bupa (Brand project), City West Water (DAMS) and Tabcorp (jackpot simulator)
- Test strategist for Centrelink (identity management), City West Water (Infra and data centre relocation) and Open Universities Australia (various projects)
- Test process improvement at the Road and Traffic Authority (RTA) NSW, Westpac, National Australia Bank, Centrelink, Open Universities Australia and an Australian policing organisation
- Test process improvement at Westpac, National Australia Bank, Centrelink and Open Universities Australia
- Trainer and mentor for a wide variety of organisations throughout Australia
- Safety critical systems auditor of a railway train order system against EN50128 (safety critical systems standard for railway applications)
Prior to establishing a career in the software testing industry, Tafline worked as a software developer for a number of consulting companies in Australia, and as a lecturer and tutor of software testing and development subjects at La Trobe University.
Tafline Murnane can be contacted via email at email@example.com