This page provides links to freeware / opensource testing tools that are available over the web.
If you have any entries to be added to this page please send to
- XPlanner is a project planning and tracking tool for eXtreme Programming (XP) teams.
Test Management Tools
- Robot DDE / SAFS - Data Driven Test environment incorporating WinRunner and Robot.
- FIT - Data Driven Tests As Web Documents.
- WebInject is a free tool for automated testing of web applications and services. It can be used to test any individual system component with an HTTP interface (JSP, ASP, CGI, PHP, Servlets, HTML Forms, etc), and can be used as a test harness to create a suite of [HTTP level] automated functional, acceptance, and regression tests.
- actiWATE a Java-based software platform which is used for web test automation.
Unit Test Frameworks
- Junit a comprehensive site for JUnit based tools.
- NUnit is a unit-testing framework for all .Net languages.
- NUnitASP is a tool for automatically testing ASP.NET web pages. It's an extension to NUnit, a tool for test-driven development in .NET.
- SQLUnit is a regression and unit testing harness for testing database stored procedures.
- DBUnit Unit Testing framework for coordinating database environments.
- XMLUnit Unit Testing XML.
- Thoughtworks Testing Tools Projects.
- JCoverage code coverage for Java (GPL and Commercial Pro version).
- InCtrl5 allows you to run an installation of any program and create an html page with all of the files/registry entries that were created/modified during the installation. The logs are great for tracking down those pesky registry entries if the program stops functioning correctly.