Practical Test Management is delivered by way of both theoretical and practical sessions with topics including:
- Module 10 - Test Process Improvement
- Module 11 - Metrics
- Module 12 - Test Resource Management
- Module 13 - Test Project Management
In detail, the Practical Test Management will look at the fundamentals of test management and cover the key areas of test process improvement, test management techniques and the use of test measurement and metrics to coordinate, plan and report.
It begins by reviewing how to identify the key elements of the testing process, and how the process can be assessed and improved. Students then look at how metrics and measurements from the testing process can be used to estimate, plan, coordinate and report.
Having accurate data to base management decisions will provide a more effective testing project, and provide enhanced information from which management can assess product quality and productivity.
Please click here to view our Training Services Catalogue (PDF) where you can access further information on this training course including learning objectives, course format and options for follow on training.
At the end of this module you will have a clear understanding of the following two key areas:
Test Management Responsibilities
- How to build a test team
- How to coordinate the day-to-day activities of your testers
- How to motivate testers and minimise conflict
- How to estimate and monitor the schedule
- How to evaluate test results
- How to report outcomes to management
Test Process Metrics
- Product metrics
- Effort metrics
- Defect metrics
- Task metrics
- Productivity metrics
- Quality metrics
- Metrics planning and data collection
- Reporting results
- Test Process Assessment - In the practical session participants will undertake a preliminary assessment of their own testing processes, evaluate the strengths and weaknesses, and propose improvements. The assessment will be facilitated by the prac supervisor and with group discussion.
- Evaluation and Reporting Test Outcomes - In this practical session participants will propose how to report outcomes of a test cycle by defining a test summary report template. Participants will indicate how they would collect results to support their summary report. Participants will discuss who receives the report, what information they receive, and the way in which the information is presented.
- Preparation of a Test Metrics Plan - During this practical session participants will prepare a partial test metrics plan. The plan will include goals of the metric programme, what data will be collected, and how results are calculated and reported.
Register your Interest
Please submit your details below and a consultant will contact you shortly regarding your requirements.